About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blog! Please follow to read more about my life, my design processes, and any upcoming contests and competitions!

Thursday 31 October 2013

Glasgow School of Yarn

Backdated post - 18/19 October
GSoY was great. Two days of happy chaos followed by five of being weak is an overcooked noodle, recouping borrowed spoons.
I suppose the two big things were divided into one mental/emotional and one financial/crafty. The first was that asides from the time I spent volunteering, I also made an effort to spend as much time as spoons allowed with friends and other Ravellers. I did my best to not stutter and I borrowed heavily on future spoons as well as exhausting the 'spoon savings' I'd built up in advance. But it was definitely worth it. I had a lot of fun and really felt like I got to know everyone a bit better.
The second was the time I spent at the carder demos and later talking to Wrigglefingers Jill and Hilltop Katie. I got a much better understanding of what you can do with a drumcarder and what I was looking for in a carder. I also got the tip-off regarding Classic Carders which resulted in me moving forward plans for my own purchase. I think this will really help advance the things I want to learn/do with my spinning, and eventually save me quite a few pennies in the long run.
Thank you to everyone I spoke to for helping me have such an enjoyable early birthday. It was truly worth every minute. Here's a picture of my haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment