About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blog! Please follow to read more about my life, my design processes, and any upcoming contests and competitions!

Saturday 5 October 2013

Fife Guild and Inkle Weaving

I try to go to two Guilds every month, the East Central Scotland Guild (aka Fife Guild) and the Edinburgh Guild. They both require taking a couple of buses to get to, but I feel they are eminently worth it. The Guilds often run workshops to teach members about various aspects of weaving, spinning, and dyeing. Today there was a workshop on inkle loom weaving. For a crafter with an active interest in premodern crafts I was naturally the first to sign up. Since there was no way for me to get a borrowed inkle loom home, I co-warped another members loom (she'd never used it before herself) and I learned a lot about the whole process, enough to be confident in trying it by myself some day. I quite fancy have an inkle-woven watch-strap or perhaps as a strap for my camera!




No comments:

Post a Comment