About Me

My photo
Welcome to my Blog! Please follow to read more about my life, my design processes, and any upcoming contests and competitions!

Monday 19 May 2014

Emotional Ups and Downs

I was over in Edinburgh today. Returned the non-functional scrapbooks to Hobbycraft, blew the store credit straight off, and made it to Stampers Grove for the first time. Returned home really tired, but happy that I'd gotten stuff done.

There was an email waiting for me from the Equality Network, a general mailing advertising a part-time position. I'd love to work with them, and eagerly clicked into the application pack link. And in the "Demands" section there's this...

"The post holder must be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of people."

The post is for a Communications Officer, so it's perfectly reasonable really. But up until that point it was info about basically social media work and good organisational skills, which I can do. But I'm pretty damn sure that breaking down into a stuttery mess whenever I get even a bit stressed does not count as "dealing effectively". Even though I'd only just heard about the position I just felt utterly crushed and near tears. Perfect time to blog, wouldn't you say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment